At ZBC we offer education and training within the following educations:
- Vocational education and training (VET): Industrial slaughter, retail butcher, sausage maker, cook, waiter, baker, pastry baker, nutrition assistant, service assistant and security guard
- Labour market courses for adults in the Danish food- & service industry
Read more about our different programmes and how to apply below.
Why choose us?
We consider human resource development in the meat industry to be strategically important for the future expansion of the sector.
When you choose us, you get:
- A modern service minded educational institution, that services the entire Danish food manufacturing industry and especially the Danish meat industry.
- A corporation that develops plans and implements relevant training activities for the Danish food and service industry and approx. 12.000 individuals, from these also students from abroad, are educated and trained annually.
- Training at the college's facilities or in-service training locally at companies
- Approx. 150 teachers and supporting staff to guide your journey
- 60 specialist teachers with very different technical educational background, supplemented with a pedagogical education
- Training and education is also taught in english
Luk Vocational training
ZBC cooperates with a wide range of partner schools around Europe within student exchange and Erasmus+.
Vocational education and training (VET) for EU students is at the time being directed at the following professions:
Industrial slaughter, gourmet butcher(retail), sausage maker, cook, waiter, baker, pastry baker, confectioner, nutrition assistant, hospitality service assistant, watch maker, ICT supporter and security guard.
We constantly develop our international training programmes to include more educational fields as ZBC offers education within more than 40 educations.
Our main areas are:
- Food and hospitality
- Agriculture and sustainability - farmer, landscape gardener
- Business and retail
- Building and construction
- Technology and industry
- Transport and logistics
- Healthcare and pedagogical assistant
If you are interested in hearing more about our programs, you must ask your school to contact us.
Luk Areas of education
Food & hospitality
Cook & catering
Gourmet Butcher/ retail butcher/ shop butcher
Business & retail
Retail with specialties
Business with specialties
Technology and industry
IT supporter/ programming
Building & construction
Building assembly technician
Transport & logistics
Warehouse and terminal operator
Agriculture and sustainability - farmer, landscape gardener
Landscape gardener assistant
Agricultural equipment operator
Healthcare and pedagogical assistant
Social and health assistant
Service Assistant (cleaning)
ZBC has full scale education and training facilities for students:
- Training slaughterhouse and de-boning facilities (4,000 m2) opened in 2011
- Meat processing facilities for sausage production and smoked, cured products
- Food shop for training
- Training restaurant and cafe
- Bread bakery & pastry bakery facilities
- Various kitchen facilities
- Training facilities for service assistants & security guards
Furthermore, the college has a student’s hostel at the premises, which secures the students convenient and safe frames for their stay.
Statements from partners and previous students:
“I would like to thank you for the possibility of spending eight weeks in Denmark. We learned many new things in this period, also things we could not learn at home. I really enjoyed our time and we grew closer to each other as classmates but also grew closer with our teachers as well. We had a lot of experiences.”
Tamás Hardi, butcher program in Denmark, Hungary
“ZBC has been one of our closest partners in our international activities for more than 10 years now. We are connected not only through various international networks but also through mutual trust which makes our cooperation even more worthy. ZBC has always been a highly professional, trustworthy and innovative partner and together we have worked in many successful projects of which some have even been awarded with special prices by the European Communion. We hope that this intense cooperation can continue in the future and feel honored to have ZBC as our close partner. ”
Silke Hillermann, Syke - Germany
“Cooperation with Roskilde is of great value to us. Starting at 2002 with meat students mobility, we grew with amount of students and professions (…) We are proud of having such good cooperation with ZBC, Denmark and we make plans for expanding further cooperation in exchanging students and teachers.”
Deputy Head, Roma Simukauskiene, Kaunas Food Industry and Trade Training Center - Lithuania