Our focus is to provide the participants with practical knowledge and understanding of production techniques in a meat production department as a foundation for understanding of the management tools for yield optimization and lean in production such as:
- To obtain knowledge and understanding of various other aspects of the production process, which influence quality, yield and profitability
- Practical knowledge of slaughter and deboning techniques
- Understanding how to analyze efficiency of yield and quality control systems
- Understanding the technical aspects of slaughter, de-boning and their influence on overall production and economy
- Obtaining knowledge of the methods to optimize meat production
- Being able to evaluate the operational chain in a full context with a purpose to reduce sub-optimizing
- Understanding HACCP and own check systems in order to evaluate existing systems
Read more about our programme and how to apply below.
Meet Andreas: "One of the best educational systems I have seen"
Former exchange student Andreas Pouros was so impressed with The Danish Meat Trade College, that he took initiative to start a training course at ZBC directed at people from his home country’s meat industry.
Why choose us?
We have built long term relationships with meat companies worldwide over the years, and provide improvement of profitability among other by changing mind set and understanding of importance of yield optimization and efficiency in production on manager level. It is our experience that you will find “gold” on the production floor, if you know what to look for.
Luk Labour market courses at ZBC
The Danish Meat Trade College offers a wide range of tailor made labour market courses for adults especially in the Danish food- & service industry.
We provide training of staff from suppliers of technology, tools and services to the meat industry – knowing the meat business better - makes better sales people.
E.g. to hold a knife in your hand, to debone half a pig carcass, and get the knowledge of the meat is a huge eye opener.
To increase profitability the education and training is designed for personnel e.g.:
• General Managers
• Floor Managers
• Key personnel
The courses focus on a combination of highly relevant, theoretical knowledge and practical, hands on training, which provides the participants with tools for production control and improvement of efficiency.
Luk Management training in your company
The Danish Meat Trade College offers an international training programme, tailor made for managers in the meat industry in two modules of one week per module.
The programme focuses on a combination of highly relevant, theoretical knowledge and practical, hands on training, which provides managers with tools for production control and improvement of efficiency.
For more information, please contact the International Department:
Project Manager Karen Wahlgreen
Tel.: +45 41721020
The Danish Meat Trade College
ZBC - The Danish Meat Trade College has full scale education and training facilities for the participants:
- Training slaughterhouse and de-boning facilities (4,000 m2) opened in 2011
- Meat processing facilities for sausage production and smoked, cured products
- Food shop for training
- Various kitchen facilities
The full scale training facilities for food production fulfil all veterinarian and hygienic requirements stipulated by EU and the objective is to sell its products under normal businesslike conditions to the local market or as export. The education is very practically oriented and provides the students with hands on experience during the educational periods.
About The Danish Meat Trade College
The Danish Meat Trade College is a non-profit independent Education and Training Centre founded in 1964 by the Danish slaughterhouses.